Re: Connection lost after running rc.lvs_dr script

Subject: Re: Connection lost after running rc.lvs_dr script
From: Rolando Guzzi <rguzzi@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 11:58:24 +0300
Hello there,

well if my modest recent experience might help, I just attempted something similar but with TUN rather than DIR : with these two techniques the route from the director to the default gateway is being cut in order to increase throughput through the routes that go from realservers directly to their gateway... I just re-opened manuallu that route in order to manage my director with webmin and things still work (I am planning to use rules to block any traffic back from director to router except for the special port of webmin, we'll see if that works fine...) That manual manipiulation did not impair more the working of the LVS but from the start I don't have loadbalancing and all connections go to one single machine even if 'ipvsadm' on the director do show the routes correctly.. and also opened connections don't apprear on that stats...

Good luck to you !

Rolando Guzzi