Choosing the appropriate scheduling method, general questions

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Choosing the appropriate scheduling method, general questions
From: Dan Trainor <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2005 18:41:33 -0600
Hello, all -

I am curious as to which scheduling method I should think about using.

I'm brand new to LVS, and don't think I quite understand the concept.
What I was looking for, was a system that would provide load balancing
and distribution, and the load balancer or distributor itself
(LinuxDirector?) would be aware of the states of the machines for which
it balanced (RealServers?), and would distribute the load according to
the least loaded machine.

I did not see a scheduling method that provided this sort of
functionality.  Is LVS right for me? Does it have this kind of capability?

Thanks!
-dant