Re: Choosing the appropriate scheduling method, general questions

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Choosing the appropriate scheduling method, general questions
From: Jeremy Kerr <jk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 10:15:08 +1000
Hi all,

> I tried contacting the maintiner of keepalived to see if there would
> be an interest in integrating feedbackd (NECP) support into
> keepalived. Never got a response.  I don't want to work on something
> that would never be accepted into keepalived proper.  Passive
> monitoring is nice, but active would be better.
>
> So, I'll ask it: would any of you want to see NECP support added to
> keepalived?

There were discussions along these lines a while ago - we decided that
it would be the right thing to do, but was put "on the back-burner", as
there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of interest.

What do you guys think? Is there renewed interest in active load
monitoring?

Also, I've moved the feebackd page - it's now at:

  http://ozlabs.org/~jk/projects/feedbackd/

The redfish one will still work, but won't be as up-to-date.

Jeremy