Keepalived + feedbackd

Subject: Keepalived + feedbackd
From: Jacob Coby <jcoby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 09:56:26 -0400
Jeremy Kerr wrote:
Hi all,

I tried contacting the maintiner of keepalived to see if there would
be an interest in integrating feedbackd (NECP) support into
keepalived. Never got a response.  I don't want to work on something
that would never be accepted into keepalived proper.  Passive
monitoring is nice, but active would be better.

So, I'll ask it: would any of you want to see NECP support added to
keepalived?

There were discussions along these lines a while ago - we decided that it would be the right thing to do, but was put "on the back-burner", as there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of interest.

What do you guys think? Is there renewed interest in active load monitoring?

I'd be willing to help. I started on it last month, but didn't continue because I never heard back from Alexandre.

--
-Jacob