RE: Hardware requirements for an LVS director

Subject: RE: Hardware requirements for an LVS director
From: "Francois JEANMOUGIN" <Francois.JEANMOUGIN@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 11:27:12 +0200

> wow. so with current-gen hardware like amd64 chips or even intel p4's,
> and a gig of ram, i should be able to push at least 600m per month,
> which comes out (if my math is right this late at night) to 231
> requests per second; i'd love to double or triple that though, if
> possible.

Well, my currnt LVS setup for the ad (banner) server is a pIII 700 Mobile
(Compaq bl10 technologie) with 512Mo RAM. It handles more than 25millions rq
per day, more than 1000rq/s burst. It is a DR setup so, not much bw. It is
also the director or about 40 other VIPs.

So, with modern technologies...

François.