Re: Hardware requirements for an LVS director

Subject: Re: Hardware requirements for an LVS director
From: "Peter J Milanese" <PMilanese@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 16:28:57 -0400
You will likely not need more than a simple server platform. Robust systems are
not expected for lvs. You should spend money on redundant disk obviously, but
lvs is NOT process intensive. It is nothing more than router platform with
hooks. Stuff comes in and goes out. It does not process.

Again. I do about 250m/month on a 1g with 512.  I did not load test it lately,
but when I did nothing choked but the web servers.

As for spending more money on hardware, don't bother. If you have a spending
fetish, I can give you my work address :)

Sent from my NYPL BlackBerry Handheld.