Re: Rare ARP problem

Subject: Re: Rare ARP problem
From: Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 04:58:56 -0800 (PST)
On Tue, 15 Nov 2005, Troy Hakala wrote:

It is LVS-NAT (I mentioned that in the first message).

sorry I missed it.

Given that the director is obviously answering an ARP but giving the wrong
NIC's address, I've gotta think the problem lies in the director. I mean, if
it didn't get the answer from the director, who else would give it the MAC
of the director's NIC? Could the switch possibly be to blame?

yes, there's weird hardware doing all sorts of stuff to "help" you. stay away from it.

http://www.austintek.com/LVS/LVS-HOWTO/HOWTO/LVS-HOWTO.arp_problem.html#router_weirdness

generator at http://www.wm7d.net/azproj.shtml Homepage http://www.austintek.com/ It's GNU/Linux!