Re: all clients disconnect on failover

Subject: Re: all clients disconnect on failover
From: "Sebastian Vieira" <sebvieira@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 15:13:14 +0200
Well, i'm happy to report that everything is working after the gateway was
changed to reflect the vip :) I also switched back to the
heartbeat/ldirectord combination instead of keepalived, because i find the
administration a little better. But i guess that's a personal preference. I
also like to 'see' the interface (eth0:0 in my case) on the active node when
i do an ifconfig. Something which keepalived handles in some other way that
i don't quite get. I also find the development of ldirectord a bit better
than keepalived. Again, personal preference i guess.

In the next couple of days i'm going to put some clients on the cluster ip
and do some (unannounced) failovers to see what comes up. If all goes well
(and i don't see why it wouldn't) i'm going to contact the maintainer of the
realservers again and have them switch the rest of them to the gateway of
the director.

Thanks for all the help!

Sebastian