Re: SSH health checking with ldirectord

Subject: Re: SSH health checking with ldirectord
From: Roberto Nibali <ratz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 09:07:27 +0100
Sal,

Healthchecking ssh with ldirectord. Right now I have a port connection
test going, which works, but it's not as thorough as I would like as it
doesn't really test to make sure that ssh is responding, just that the
port is up. Is there a health checker for ssh that will work with
ldirectord? I haven't found one, and it doesn't seem to do it itself, at
least based on the docs.

Does the check_http (negotiate) health check not work for you? How does your ldirectord configuration look like?

Also, the current 'check the port' checker spams the hell out of my logs
with "Did not receive identification string" messages. Now, I know
exactly why it's logging this, but it would be nice if I could turn off
that warning for this host. Any ideas?

Well, it does not seem to be a message created/logged directly by ldirectord, but rather something like the identd. If you don't want this message, you have two options:

1. disable the service logging which does print those log data
2. configure your syslog daemon to filter out such log entries

Best regards,
Roberto Nibali, ratz
--
echo '[q]sa[ln0=aln256%Pln256/snlbx]sb3135071790101768542287578439snlbxq' | dc