Re: SSH health checking with ldirectord

Subject: Re: SSH health checking with ldirectord
From: Sal Tepedino <stepedino@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 12:11:42 -0500
On Mon, 2007-03-05 at 17:21 +0100, Roberto Nibali wrote:
> New question: What more do you expect to get from connecting to sshd
> with a custom health check than with the port check?

Well, to make sure the service is up, really. I wanna make sure that a
user can actually log in, ideally. We're using a system to chroot sftp
users into their accounts, and if I can test to that point, that would
be ideal, as certain upgrades to openssh-chroot don't work, as in, user
can connect and log in, but never gets the sftp connection, or even
can't log in, but ssh is up and you can ssh in normally to a non-sftp
only account. A health check that logs in would make sure the system is
working as intended.

> If you deploy syslog-ng (recommended anyway) it's dead simple. I'll
> gladly help you configuring it if you don't get it running, at least to
> remedy my previous lapse :)

As long as I know it's possible, I'll find the time to figure it out.
I'll learn better that way. I'm sure you know how it is ;)

--
Sal Tepedino <stepedino@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>