Re: SSH health checking with ldirectord

Subject: Re: SSH health checking with ldirectord
From: Sal Tepedino <stepedino@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 11:11:40 -0500
On Fri, 2007-03-02 at 09:07 +0100, Roberto Nibali wrote:
> Does the check_http (negotiate) health check not work for you? How does
> your ldirectord configuration look like?

Well, I tried this out. What I did was parroted the server's ID string
back to it and it gave me a bit of binary and an ascii list of what
looks like the encryption methods supported. Set up a request receive
based off of that but it doesn't detect when the server goes down. If I
leave out the 'service' directive, I'm guessing it defaults to 'none'
and doesn't do the negotiation, as it wouldn't know how to present the
request. Using 'http' as the service type will put the request in a "get
xxx" type of format, which just won't work. None of the other server
types will work, either, for the same reason (though haven't tested them
all). Seems a simple 'Spit out this string and look for this response'
service type is needed.

--
Sal Tepedino <stepedino@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>