LVS
lvs-devel

Re: [rfc 0/3] IPVS: checksum updates

To: Julius Volz <juliusv@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [rfc 0/3] IPVS: checksum updates
Cc: Simon Horman <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, lvs-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, netdev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Vince Busam <vbusam@xxxxxxxxxx>
From: Wensong Zhang <wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 22:43:18 +0800
Julius Volz wrote:
On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 3:45 PM, Simon Horman <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 09:07:22PM +0800, Wensong Zhang wrote:
Simon Horman wrote:
On Wed, Sep 10, 2008 at 07:30:52PM +0200, Julius Volz wrote:

On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 1:31 PM, Simon Horman <horms@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Tue, Sep 09, 2008 at 11:30:29AM +0200, Julius Volz wrote:

Great, thanks! I have tested TCP+UDP, local+remote clients, v4+v6,
NAT+DSR+TUN in all combinations that are expected to be working and
found no problems.

Thanks once again for your testing. I'll send a pull request to Dave in
the morning.

Thanks very much!

(CC: Wensong)
I guess it would make sense to start hosting the new ipvsadm version
somewhere on http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/ soon. It could still
be marked as unstable and saying, "If you intend to use the
experimental IPv6 support for IPVS introduced in kernel 2.6.XX, you
will need this new version of ipvsadm: ...". Also, we can then point
to it in the Kconfig help text in CONFIG_IP_VS_IPV6. What do you
think?

Yes I agree. It would be good to start hosting tarballs of the
new/unstable/experimental version of ipvsadm on www.linuxvirtualserver.org.

Wensong, can we also host some sort of repository for ipvsadm on
linuxvirtualserver.org? If not, I guess the next most logical choice
would be to use kernel.org.

Hi Horms and Julius,

I have created a svn repository for ipvsadm at
http://svn.linuxvirtualserver.org/repos/ipvsadm/ before, will create the
check-in accounts for you right now.

Thanks, cool!

Great. I think that Vince needs an account too, he has done most (all?)
of the relevant work so far.

Yes, Vince did all of the ipvsadm porting!

Julius

I'll create an account for Vince right now.

Thank you very much,

Wensong