Re: NEWBIE QUESTION: MAIL server in cluster

To: tc lewis <tcl@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: NEWBIE QUESTION: MAIL server in cluster
Cc: Jason Smith <jxsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "Phil Z." <philz@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 Apr 2000 15:05:03 -0500
tc lewis wrote:
Make sure your pop is NFS safe. Many are not. Ross Chandler wrote an
excellent how to on setting up NFS safe mail server. You can find it at
http://www.clubi.ie/%7eross/sendmail-maildir.html . Switching from mbox
to maildir format for pop boosted the perfomance of my mail server at
least 10 fold YMMV. Plus you get the benefit of being able to do pop
across NFS without corupting mail spools. =)

Best Regards

Phil Z.