Re: lvs and direct routing question...does the real server have to be ro

To: Jeremy Hansen <jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: lvs and direct routing question...does the real server have to be routable?
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: tc lewis <tcl@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2000 15:49:35 -0400 (EDT)
i believe using unroutable/internal ips is fine for the "real" ips of the
real servers, but they need to be able to contact the client machine
directly, ie: have an outgoing gateway route to the "real" internet.

i may be missing something.

client

director VIP (eth0)
         192.168.123.9 (eth1)

real server 192.168.123.11 (eth0)
            (VIP on hidden interface/whatever)

gateway 192.168.123.1 (eth1)
        re.al.i.p (eth0)
        allow 192.168.123.11 to forward through here...

back to client.

right?

-tcl.