Re: LVS use for mass-webhosting companys: Does it make sense ?

To: "Christopher Briggs" <hpuxadm@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: LVS use for mass-webhosting companys: Does it make sense ?
Cc: "Wayne" <wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Stephen Zander" <gibreel@xxxxxxxxx>, "Jochen Tuchbreiter" <jochen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Robert C." <robertc@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Stephen Zander <gibreel@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 14 Apr 2000 18:56:52 -0700
>>>>> "Christopher" == Christopher Briggs <hpuxadm@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:
    Christopher> Are we suggesting that an admin could have DB files
    Christopher> on an individual PV that is linked between two
    Christopher> systems(easily done) and have them mounted at that
    Christopher> same time without data corruption?

I'm not. :)

The original poster was describing a read-mostly environment where all
writes occured on a single master server.  Under those conditions you
could safely mount the f/s read-only on the slave server though
you'd have to make sure that you called sync(2) afetr every write or
could accept some slight discrepencies bewteen master & slave.

Anything more involved than that needs the cooperation of the two
kernels involved, hence my comment about gfs.

--
Stephen

"A duck!"