Re: Mailserver on LVS

To: Madhav <msp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Mailserver on LVS
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: tc lewis <tcl@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 02:04:32 -0400 (EDT)
i've never tried it with coda, but i've used qmail+lvs successfully.  if
you use tcpserver, there's some flag to turn off ident lookups.  use that,
or you'll get major bad performance.

you're going to share the queue and have both qmails running at the same
time?  hmm, that could get messy.  i'm not sure if qmail handles that
safely or not.  it indeed might.  if you're just going to use it for
failover safety, that shouldn't be an issue, but both going at the same
time with a shared queue dir?  hum...

-tcl.