Re: Mailserver on LVS

To: Jeremy Hansen <jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Mailserver on LVS
Cc: tc lewis <tcl@xxxxxxxxx>, Madhav <msp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Michael Boman <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2000 14:57:48 -0700
On Thu, Apr 20, 2000 at 05:25:29PM -0400, Jeremy Hansen wrote:

> Yeah, didn't think of that, not sure how qmail's trigger handles that.  I
> really don't see how a central queue in this case would have any
> advantages over two separate queue and those machines being balanced.
>
> -jeremy

>From the doc's and qmail's mailinglist archive it say's that you can't share
the queue! Qmail doesn't do any kind of locking of email's in the queue when
it is sending the mail.

A central queue wouldn't add any preformence boost as the queue is traveling in
the network in a very slow way. If you want to have a central queue look at
QMTP. It's located at Dan's pages somewhere..

Best regards
 Michael Boman

--
W I Z O F F I C E . C O M   P T E   L T D  -  Your Online Office Wizard
16 Tannery Lane, Crystal Time Building, #04-00, Singapore 347778