Re: Scalability

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Scalability
From: "ÀÌÁ¾±Ç" <conan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 10:54:05 +0900
From: jamal <hadi@xxxxxxxxxx>

> I am not asking you to justify why LVS exists or why people should use
> LVS; i am just making a statement that load balancing h/ware is becoming
> commodity. If the trend continues, you should be able to buy a black box
> worth $200 which will have the same features as LVS does; perhaps i am
> exagerating a bit, but if this is the case, why should someone continue to
> use LVS? I was hoping you will enlighten me in some way instead you become
> defensive and give me a marketing pitch.
> Maybe someone else has an answer.

If such a block box is made on linux2 using lvs2 technology and hopefully
all of these are open as LVS, then we might see again at that mailing-list.
We absolutely don't have to talk about LVS there. and you also don't have to
say "why should someone continue to use lvs2 if we could get load balancing
boxes for free someday?".
LVS could be the reason to make load balancing h/ware get cheaper, though
the load balancing boxes are above $10000 these days jet.