Re: problem with too many inactive connections

To: Wayne <wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: problem with too many inactive connections
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Joseph Mack <mack@xxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Julian Anastasov <uli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 07:02:58 +0300 (EEST)
        Hello,

On Mon, 15 May 2000, Wayne wrote:

> I just noticed that when one servers InactivConn number is
> about 4000 reported by ipp -l in a two server farm, that
> server will not get any further traffic, even after that server
> becoming okay.
>
> Does anyone see this kind problem before?  I am running
> a older version of LVS kernel, but I thought that could be
> the same for new ones, if no one reported and fixed it.
>
> Thanks!

        You have to give more details. I don't remember for
such problem. But if you have some problems with the real
servers in VS/DR or VS/TUN mode, sometimes the number of
active/inactive connections are wrong. This can happen when
some of the real servers are deleted and the traffic is
temporary stopped. In these modes the director handles only
the input traffic and these numbers represent the connection
state in the time of deleting the real servers.

        But you have to give some information or to
investigate the problem, in what conditions it is raised.

Regards

--
Julian Anastasov <uli@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>