Re: problem with too many inactive connections

To: Wayne <wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: problem with too many inactive connections
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Joseph Mack <mack@xxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Michael D. Jurney" <mikej@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 17:25:36 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 15 May 2000, Wayne wrote:

> I just noticed that when one servers InactivConn number is
> about 4000 reported by ipp -l in a two server farm, that
> server will not get any further traffic, even after that server
> becoming okay.
>
> Does anyone see this kind problem before?  I am running
> a older version of LVS kernel, but I thought that could be
> the same for new ones, if no one reported and fixed it.
>
> Thanks!

We've seen a similar problem (though not rising to the level you've seen)
here using the 2.2.13 lvs patched kernel and ipvsadm version 0.9.5.  The
inactive connections only build up on our two 2.2.14 realservers, and
netstat on those machines does not report these connections.

--
Michael D. Jurney
mike@xxxxxxxxxx