Re: ARP problem - do I have to deal with it in my case?

To: Jon Oringer <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: ARP problem - do I have to deal with it in my case?
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: tc lewis <tcl@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2000 21:35:27 -0400 (EDT)
if the vip on the director is _not_ on the same _phsyical_ ethernet
segment as whatever interface (if any) you have the real servers listening
for vip traffic on, then you shouldn't have to deal with the arp problem.

or rather, putting them on different physical segments _is_ a way of
dealing with the arp problem.  =)

so as long as your nic1 on the director doesn't share a
hub/switch/vlan/whatever with the nic2s on the real servers, i believe you
should be ok.

of course it still wouldn't hurt anything to use hidden devices or what
not.

-tcl.