Re: NIC cries when using testLVS

To: "lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: NIC cries when using testLVS
From: Thomas Proell <Thomas.Proell@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 13:08:59 +0100 (MET)
Hi!

>       100,000 inactive connection may be, they can't be established.

sure, sorry.

> > very busy. xload shows over 600% load.
>
>       Is the director with one NIC only?

Are you a fortune teller? Yes, only one NIC.

>               >40,000
>       testlvs ---------->
>                       eth0 director
>       real server <-----'
>                   40,000
>
>       40,000 + 40,000 packets on director's eth0? Full duplex? Switched
> hub?

How can I know? It's the network of our lab. I have to ask...

>       Do we need to add replies from the real servers in this sum?

I guess not. I made a "route reject". With testLVS, only SYN-packets
are sent.

> > This is poor, isn't it?

Well, I slept over it, and maybe it isn't as poor as I thought in
the beginning. I got 2900 packets per second on a 10MBit network.
There, the network was the problem.
Now, I got more then 10 times as much, on a network that can do
10 times as much.

Only the busy redirector is a bit stunning.

Thomas