Re: NIC cries when using testLVS

To: ratz <ratz@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: NIC cries when using testLVS
Cc: "lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Thomas Proell <Thomas.Proell@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 14:19:47 +0100 (MET)
Hi!

> Could you please do your tests without X-windows? X is such a memory
> eater that performance tests at your level might be influenced by it.

Yes, I know. But even on the console I have problems, so I started
X-window to get the info of xload - just to give you additional
informations!

> Tha latter is a question of schedule(). I'd love to have access to a
> lab like you do. We could make very cool stress tests.

Yes, this project is very good supported by the European Comunity
(why should I always pay and never win?)  :-) :-)

> What do you mean by the newest kernel with the newest driver? Could
> you tell us the versions? I know about 4 different 3c59x driver versions
> floating around.

O.K:
Kernel 2.2.17 from www.kernel.org
LVS 1.0.0     from www.linux-vs.org
3c59x         from this kernel (August, 16th 2000)
3c90x         from www.support.3com.com v1.1

so the 3c59x is that driver that was shipped with the kernel.
I assume it is up to date.

Thomas