RE: Starting LVS

To: "'lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Starting LVS
Cc: "'georgiev@xxxxxxx'" <georgiev@xxxxxxx>
From: Nael Mohammad <nmohammad@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 08:36:22 -0700
Since you're on a local LAN "etho" should sufficient and just create an
alias to that adapter. However, if you want to enable NAT'ing, use ipchains,
create an alias to eth0 so it would read  "eth0:1" as the secondary alias to
that NIC card. This assumes you're not connecting to a different network. If
you are, then you would need a secondary adapter to access another network.

Regards,

Nael Mohammad
Neomar, Inc.
nmohammad@xxxxxxxxxx
"When Wireless Means Business"

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail may contain confidential information
that is legally privileged. Do not read this e-mail if you are not the
intended recipient.
This e-mail transmission, and any documents, files or previous e-mail
messages attached to it may contain confidential information that is legally
privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible
for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of any of the information
contained in or attached to this transmission is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you
have received this transmission in error, please immediately notify us by
reply e-mail or by telephone at (415) 403-7300, and destroy the original
transmission and its attachments without reading or saving in any manner.
Thank you.