RE: Starting LVS

To: "'lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Starting LVS
Cc: "'georgiev@xxxxxxx'" <georgiev@xxxxxxx>
From: Peter Mueller <pmueller@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 10:22:40 -0700
> Hm, that makes me think, will i be able to do it at all,
> actually i was thinking
> of choosing IP Tunneling as an approach, but was wondering
> since i don't have
> high number of servers and was planing to maybe use NAT. Now
> that you say that i
> will probably give IP tunneling a try, see what happens...

IP tunneling is useful for application servers that are on a seperate subnet
from the LVS director.  Usually we're talking geographically seperate
locations for this configuration.

DR is for single network HIGH PERFORMANCE.

NAT is for just as you'd imagine, LVS directors with two network cards.
Usually the application servers are hidden behind a private net in this
configuration.

---

PLEASE read the documentation before posting FAQ's to the newsgroups.  The
kind folks on the LVS team voluntarily donating their time have spent
hundreds of hours writing up documentation for your reference.

(FYI the specific link explaining the difference between these
configurations is...)

http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/how.html

cheers,

Peter