Re: Userspace scheduler?

To: Lars Marowsky-Bree <lmb@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Userspace scheduler?
Cc: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 01:04:42 +0000 (GMT)
        Hello,

On Wed, 5 Dec 2001, Lars Marowsky-Bree wrote:

> Good morning all,
>
> would it be possible for LVS to provide special scheduler which asked a
> userspace process (maybe via a socket) where to send the connection?
>
> How much effort would be required for this?

        Not sure but I see some bad things: even if we use netlink
for such purposes may be we have to enqueue the packets and to dequeue
them after the user space has some time to get the decision. The
other model is as the current one: the user space defines policy for
scheduling and loads it to the kernel (-s WLC, for example). What
policy the user space can propose? Examples? And the next question:
can this policy be loaded into the kernel via setsockopt?

> Sincerely,
>     Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb@xxxxxxx>

Regards

--