Re: Userspace scheduler?

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Userspace scheduler?
From: Lars Marowsky-Bree <lmb@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2001 13:17:47 -0500
On 2001-12-06T09:23:22,
   Alexandre CASSEN <alexandre.cassen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:

> Interresting,... I am currently working on an algorithm to change the
> realserver pool weigth according to realserver response time... What kind
> of algorithm are you using in your neural network ? A neural network can be
> used to manipulate realservers weight and that way increase the cluster
> response time.

This is just sketching stuff out; you feed it input like CPU, disk IO, network
performance etc, and you try to optimise the weights for lowest transaction
processing time.

However, the most important part is to not only consider the weight of the
realserver itself, but the _aggregate_ weight of the server; considering the
weight, network latency and bandwidth of all the servers behind it. (Think
multi-tier architecture)

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée <lmb@xxxxxxx>

--
Perfection is our goal, excellence will be tolerated. -- J. Yahl