Re: Userspace scheduler?

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Userspace scheduler?
From: "Alexandre CASSEN" <alexandre.cassen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 09:32:18 +0100
Hi,

>> What policy the user space can propose? Examples?
>
>In this case, it is a rather complex load balancing decision based on
constant
>feedback from the next tier fed through a neural network and then chosing
the

=> This is exactly the design of keepalived, all is done using a userspace
scheduling framework, this framework launch checkers and then makes
decisions on checkers results.... Currently decision is add/remove
realserver from LVS realserver table.... It can be easyly extended to
realservers weight... We need to specify decisions counters like : response
time, load, ...

Best regs,
Alexandre