Re: Hardware based load balancers vs LVS

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Hardware based load balancers vs LVS
From: Malcolm Turnbull <malcolm.turnbull@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2002 08:50:25 +0100
I've only used a CISCO 416... which is basicaly exactly the same as LVS
NAT but does have built in checking to see if servers are on line
(although it doesn't work very well with IIS servers ;-). )

One advantage is that it is solid state flash RAM based, so reliable.

I think LVS DR mode makes a lot more sense.

Ps. The CISCO has 32MB RAM and only cost £6,000 ! bargain. !

--

Regards,

Malcolm Turnbull

IT Manager