Re: Large HTTP Uploads timeout

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Large HTTP Uploads timeout
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 12:58:32 -0500
Jacob Coby wrote:

> > LVS requires that all realservers be identical.
> > This usually means that the realservers are ro.
>
> eh?  The two realservers are identical,

I meant the content of the service being offered, eg the html files
on the realservers.

> HTTP, like it says in the subject ;).

OK I have heard of it then :-)

I'm not familiar will uploading with http though.

> > a client is going to change anything on a realserver,
> > you have to make sure that it's done in one connection
> > (you probably will have to set persistence) and you
> > have to be aware of problems that will arise if the
> > updates are not visible to all realservers.
>
> Persistence is 360 sec (6 min), the upload should take no more than 3 sec
> (this is on a 100mbit Base 100-T ethernet).  The file that is being uploaded
> will be swizzled on the server and put in the database for both real servers
> to serve up.

OK

> Its not just image uploads that cause the server to hang, large HTTP GETs
> are also problematic.

I expect it will be easier to test if this is fixed and you should try this
first.

I don't see anything odd in your tcpdumps.

Joseph Mack PhD, Senior Systems Engineer, SAIC contractor
to the National Environmental Supercomputer Center,
ph# 919-541-0007, RTP, NC, USA. mailto:mack.joseph@xxxxxxx