RE: simple example

Subject: RE: simple example
From: Daniel Bidwell <bidwell@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 15 Jul 2003 12:29:44 -0400
On Mon, 2003-07-14 at 16:16, Peter Mueller wrote:

> Sorry if this is a stupid question, but you said "peter:5000" and I said
> "VIP:5000".  Do you provide some mechanism for LVS-DR
> (http://www.linuxvirtualserver.org/VS-DRouting.html) to function, e.g.
> change VIP:5000 to Peter:5000?  This is usually accomplished with alias
> interfaces that are hidden or transparent proxy..

When using the direct routing method, do eth real servers need to route
to the internet through the lvs?

What I have been trying to do is have the lvs machine and the real
servers all living on a common subnet with a common default gateway as
diagramed below:

                           Internet

    |                           |                       |
lvs server              real server 1           real server 2

Will this work?  or do I need to have:

                            Internet

                          lvs server

        real server 1                   real server 2

--
Daniel R. Bidwell       |       bidwell@xxxxxxxxxxx
Andrews University      |       Information Technology Services