Re: simple example

Subject: Re: simple example
From: Daniel Bidwell <bidwell@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 15 Jul 2003 15:04:34 -0400
I have the following set of machines:

                            Internet

     |                                                   |
 lvs server                                      real server 1

I am running linux-2.4.21 with ipsv-1.0.9 patches on the lvs server.
real server 1 is a Soalaris 7 system.  I have a test service running on
real server 1, port 5000.  (To verify do "telnet peter.cs.andrews.edu
5000".)

lvs server is configured with:
 ipvsadm -L
Prot LocalAddress:Port Scheduler Flags
  -> RemoteAddress:Port           Forward Weight ActiveConn InActConn
TCP  lvs.cc.andrews.edu:5000 rr
  -> peter.cs.andrews.edu:5000    Route   1      0          0

When I telnet to lvs:5000 InActConn goes to 1.  A sniff on peter showes
no traffic coming to it on port 5000.  /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward is
set to one even though there is only one interface.

I have patched, compiled and installed the 2.4.21 kernel and rebooted
with it.  I have run ipvsadmin to generate the above tables on the lvs
machine.  What else should I do to make this work?

I expect a "telnet lvs 5000" should pass the connection on to real
server 1.  This looked pretty easy in the docs.  What am I missing?

--
Daniel R. Bidwell       |       bidwell@xxxxxxxxxxx
Andrews University      |       Information Technology Services