Re: Test sets

Subject: Re: Test sets
From: Wensong Zhang <wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 17:25:32 +0800 (CST)

Hi,

On Sat, 19 Jul 2003, Gujjar Vikas wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have just completed programming a Crustered server @
> layer 7 for my graduation project. Following
> scheduling algorithms have been imlemented
>
> 1) Round Robin
> 2) Weigted Round Robin
> 3) Least Connection
> 4) Weighted Least Connection
> 5) Content Based Scheduling
> 6) Weighted Content Based Scheduling
> 7) Static Source Hashing
> 8) Static Destination Hashing
>
> I tried to test the server using three Real servers
> and a web page of about 20KB was requested.. . Test
> were done using
> 1)ab
> 2)getmeter
> 3) httperf
> my performance is roughly 1/3 on avg for 100 requests
> of a single server with RR... Has my project failed or
> i have used a bad test case?

What does your "1/3 on avg" mean? Do you mean that the performance of your
cluster is 1/3 of that of a single server?

A testing tool usually cannot generate enough load for a cluster of three
real servers. Maybe you need to allocate more client hosts to send
requests together. You can write some scripts to control the client host,
or find some distrubted testing tools such as SpecWeb and WebBench.

Regards,

Wensong