Re: Large HTTP GET/POST timeout

Subject: Re: Large HTTP GET/POST timeout
Cc: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
From: Roberto Nibali <ratz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2004 16:09:38 +0200
Hi Joe,

So should people set the MTU on the VIP for an LVS-Tun director?

How would you do that?
you can't do it by setting an mtu on the route to/from the VIP?

Well, to be honest, I haven't read the whole thread in deep detail. But to answer your specific question: Yes, you can actually set the mtu for a route to/from the VIP. _However_ you must of course pay attention to route selection which can be investigated with ip rule/ip route or the shell tools I've written to display routing tables.

So you might need to put the VIP route into a special routing table which gets parsed before the other routes. Also don't forget to flush the routing cache.

[I would need to check the IPVS code if in 2.4.x/2.6.x we do some local route tricks which disable MTU ;). I have been away from the code for about 4 months already.]

Cheers,
Roberto Nibali, ratz
--
echo '[q]sa[ln0=aln256%Pln256/snlbx]sb3135071790101768542287578439snlbxq'|dc