Re: Large HTTP GET/POST timeout

Subject: Re: Large HTTP GET/POST timeout
From: Casey Zacek <cz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 13:10:54 -0500
Chris Paul wrote (at Wed, Jun 02, 2004 at 09:49:19AM +0100):
> Hello,
>
> This is all getting a bit heavy for my liking, but can someone please confirm
> the state of play for me.
>
> I was under the impression that this problem is because of a bug in older
> versions of the Linux Kernel. From the amount of discussion about attempted
> workarounds, I get the impression the problem still exists and can be
> reproduced with even the latest kernels.
>
> Is this the case?

I am unable to verify whether or not I still have the problem now that
I'm running kernel 2.6.6.  The customer I have that was experiencing
the issue had already upgraded his router, fixing it for him, and may
or may not be able to confirm the problem's existence from the small
subset of his users that were seeing it.

With these workarounds, though, I'm a little bit confused by the
thread .. what exactly would be the workaround, and how would I
implement it?