Re: Large HTTP GET/POST timeout

Subject: Re: Large HTTP GET/POST timeout
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 06:05:14 -0400
Chris Paul wrote:

> Hello,
>
> This is all getting a bit heavy for my liking, but can someone please confirm
> the state of play for me.
>
> I was under the impression that this problem is because of a bug in older
> versions of the Linux Kernel. From the amount of discussion about attempted
> workarounds, I get the impression the problem still exists and can be
> reproduced with even the latest kernels.
>
> Is this the case?

yes, apparently because the director does not put it's packets out through a
tunl0
device, an ipip packet is sent from eth0 (DIP) to eth0 (RIP). The extra packet
size
is causing the problem.

Julian
        Is this correct? Why doesn't regular PMTU handle the increased packet
size? Does the packet being an IPIP packet stop PMTU?

It's Ratz's work around the permament solution?

SAIC, Supporting the EPA Research Triangle Park, NC 919-541-0007
Federal Contact - John B. Smith 919-541-1087 - smith.johnb@xxxxxxx