Re: [lvs-users] LVS + Database

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [lvs-users] LVS + Database
From: YesGood <sayupirapo@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2012 02:18:58 -0400
Hi
Thanks you for yours post.

I am reading your link suggestions of the PostgreSQL. It's helped me for
more understand.

I wanted to build a cluster master-master server, and I found the PGCluster
tools allow for this environment. But more reading of this topic, the
server performance could be worse than a single server.

I need build a load balancing cluster of the database. And for that I
looking for the node master-master server or read/write server.

>From what you're writing, I do assume the following:
> -you'll be installing PG on two nodes "behind" a LVS load balancer.

yes

> -DRBD is used to give all nodes a shared block storage.

-A shared OCFS2 file system will be run on top of the DRBD volumes.

yes, but now I believe, that's not the best choice for master-master
replication

Changed, now I prefer build a master-hot standby (read/write node-read only
node ) server for the load balancing cluster.
It's possible send request for both nodes for build load balance?

> If you're considering DRBD-replication (which is limited to two servers),
> I'd rather recommend to setup a "typical" active/passive HA setup.

With active/passive HA, I don't offer load balancing.
I see about DRBD three-node setup.
And also I thinking of the NAS shared-disk, but apparently that isn't
compatible with the ocfs, neither with gfs.
Which is the best choice for the shared data between databases server, and
offer load balancing?

I listen of the HAProxy, that offer too load balancing. If I use HAProxy is
equal to use LVS, and so I must choice between both. In this moment I don't
know HAProxy.

--
Sayuri Komatsu