Re: [lvs-users] LVS + Database

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [lvs-users] LVS + Database
From: YesGood <sayupirapo@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 10:07:38 -0400
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: YesGood <sayupirapo@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 2012/6/17
To: David Coulson <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Thanks you, again.

 That would require logic in the app to send read-only queries to the
> correct system.
>
> I don't know about logic in the app, but using logic in the database, it's
possible to build a load balancing system of master- hot standby?   if yes,
I will study this issue.

Well, if you have 2 systems, and one fails, then you presumably need to be
> able to run everything you need one one box (or N-1 boxes, where N is the
> total number of systems you have).

with your example, it's the following?  if one systems (database server)
fails the load balancers delete the fails server and follow offer database
servers, with remainder nodes of cluster.
The changes in the active not fails system, it's updated in the active
fails system, before offering services. Although, I don't decide what use
for storage, in a environment using shared-disk, this is no need.  right?

> Most likely, you think you need load balancing, but you really don't.

Why?

> Or, if you do to support your workload, then you're going to be having a
> bad day when you loose a system.
>
> But that would be less, if it's possible to use master-hot standby for
load balancing.
what you suggest to improve a database server with many request of
different client?

--
Sayuri Komatsu