Re: [lvs-users] LVS + Database

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [lvs-users] LVS + Database
From: YesGood <sayupirapo@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 10:06:23 -0400
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: YesGood <sayupirapo@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 2012/6/17
To: David Coulson <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi
Thank you David for your response.

I need Load Balancing of the database cluster formed with 2 or more
database server.

Several clients can to send queries request (read and write ) to the
database servers, who are nodes of the cluster.
So with the load balancing, the answers to the request, can response any
server available, which don't attend a request in this moment.

I see about master-master server, which can offer load balancing, but that
say it's worse than a only server, caused by locking of the write work.
and then, I search other best solution. So I mentioned the master-hot
standby.

In this page:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/interactive/high-availability.html

says:
one that can accept connections and serves read-only queries is called a *hot
standby* server.

> You say you want it for performance, but when a system dies you will need
> to be able to support your entire workload on one box.

Please, Can you explain me more ?

--
Sayuri Komatsu