RE: [lvs-users] VS-NAT on one net (was: IPVS Benchmarking)

To: "Joseph Mack" <mack@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [lvs-users] VS-NAT on one net (was: IPVS Benchmarking)
Cc: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Ray Bellis" <rpb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 15:58:43 -0000
> On Mon, 10 Jan 2000, Ray Bellis wrote:
>
> > FYI, we have our LVS system working now, with LVS redundancy achieved by
> > running OSPF routing (gated) on the LVS-NAT servers and having the VIP
> > within the same IP subnet as the RIPs so that IGP routing policies
> > automatically determine which LVS router the packets arrive on.
>
> Hi Ray,
>
>       Just tried setting up a VS-NAT with the client/VIP/RIP on the same
> net. The default gw of the realserver is the VIP. Redirects are turned off
> (I hope, 3 of them in /proc/sys/net/ipv4/conf/eth0/*directs) on each of
> the client,director and realserver.

I think you may have misunderstood my previous messages.

On my system the VIP and RIP aren't on the same *physical* network, just on
the same *logical* subnet.

I still have a dual-ethernet box acting as a director, and the VIP is
installed as an alias interface on the external side of the director, even
though the IP address it has is in fact assigned from the same subnet as the
machines on the internal side of the director.

Ray.

--
Ray Bellis, MA(Oxon) - Technical Director - community internet plc

Windsor House, 12 High Street, Kidlington, Oxford, OX5 2PJ
tel:  +44 1865 856000   email: ray.bellis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
fax:  +44 1865 856001     web: http://www.community.net.uk/