Re: my progress

To: Michael McConnell <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: my progress
Cc: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>, lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Joseph Mack <mack@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 13:18:27 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 3 Aug 2000, Michael McConnell wrote:

> I'm not to keen on the idea of using Direct Routing as
> the idea of running Coax Cable to all my servers seems a little much,
> considering they all only have Ethernet (rj45) connections right now.

Hmm, you may have misinterpreted something... You can use RJ45 for VS-DR.
The only requirement for VS-DR is that the director and real-server(s)
must be on the same piece of network (which I called "wire"), ie with no
forwarding devices in between. This is so that the director and
realserver(s) can arp each other

Joseph Mack mack@xxxxxxxxxxx