Re: Setting up a one network VS-NAT LVS

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Setting up a one network VS-NAT LVS
From: "Ivan Figueredo" <idf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 16:13:03 -0600
Joe,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joseph Mack" <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, January 19, 2001 3:00 PM

> Ivan Figueredo wrote:
> >
> > I also am not able to ftp to realserver from client.
>
> when you set up your masq rules with ipchains on the director,
> you probably masqueraded all ports. This means that any packets
> coming from the real-servers will be masqueraded, even if they
> aren't from services that have been LVS'ed on the way in.

I am beginning to get he hang of it. I see...

> Neat security feature huh? You can't connect to any services
> on the real-servers, except those that have been LVS'ed :-(

Yes!

> Instead for each service that is being LVS'ed, on the director you
> set up masquerading by running a line like this.
>
> director:# ipchains -A forward -p tcp -j MASQ -s realserver_name
service -d
> 0.0.0.0/0

If I have already entered:
[root@wee2 httpd]# ipchains -A forward -j MASQ -s 192.168.168.0/24 -d
0.0.0.0/0

*and* I now enter your ipchains command above, will the new one override the
old one? Or do they both become in effect, matching the last one, etc?

> where service = telnet, http
>
> My configure script (on the web site) does this for you.
> It doesn't handle the 1 net VS-NAT LVS (yet). To do this
> you'll need to run the send_redirects on the director,
> and set up the routes on the real-servers(s) first.

I think I have already done this, as it was part of your e-mail that stared
this thread, no?

Thx,

Ivan