Re: Setting up a one network VS-NAT LVS

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Setting up a one network VS-NAT LVS
From: "Ivan Figueredo" <idf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 20 Jan 2001 11:03:42 -0600
Joe,

> > Then, as I already have the director and realserver communicating
through
> > the serial port,  and I have to NICs on each UP, I assume that adding a
> > second director and using "heartbeat" between them to isn't to tough.
>
> currently heartbeat etc is setup with ldirectord. It could use mon, but
no-one
> has done the grunt work.

Hmm, I think I misunderstand the HOW-TO. There, I thought it said that mon
was used to monitor the realserver services, whereas heartbeat is used to
monitor the directors. Perhaps I misunderstand your statement above.

Part of understanding LVS is unravel all its' tools.  As I have essentially
set up my LVS by using RH out of the box (I did not rebuild or patch the
kernel,) and have configured LVS "manually" by looking at the man page and
following your lead on this thread (I have not used any of the "automation"
tools provided,) I may be diverging from the "standard" way to set it up as
per your documentation in the HOW-TO's.

However, IMHO, this route of manually setting it up should also be
documented in the HOW-TO's as an alternative, as it may suit some people's
psychology better. It is simple enough to follow, and you get a better feel
as to how the parts fit together.

Ivan