Re: Setting up a one network VS-NAT LVS

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Setting up a one network VS-NAT LVS
Cc: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
From: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 07:39:37 -0500
Julian Anastasov wrote:

>         Joe, can you perform tests with two different Class C networks: one
> for the client, the external DIP and the VIP and one "internal" network
> for the NAT-ed real servers and the internal director DIP used as def
> gw in the real servers. Something like the above picture, with
> send_redirects=0. I assume this should work without any problems.

(As I said previously) The one network VS-NAT (client, VIP, real-servers
all on 192.168.1.0/24) works with send_redirects=1

The two network, 2 NIC director with VS-NAT (outside addresses -
client, VIP 192.168.2.0/24; inside addresses - DIIP, real-servers
192.168.1.0/24) works with send_redirects=0 (this is trivial)

I just checked the 2 logical network, 1 physical network (outside addresses
192.168.2.0/24, inside addresses 192.168.1.0/24 all on the same wire)
in VS-NAT works with send-redirects=1 (yes that's 1). (This is how I did it in
the
HOWTO - at that time I wasn't paying attention to send_redirects).
The real-servers have the default route to the director and a network
route to the inside network.