Re: Setting up a one network VS-NAT LVS

To: Joseph Mack <mack.joseph@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Setting up a one network VS-NAT LVS
Cc: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 15:01:07 +0200 (EET)
        Hello,

On Thu, 25 Jan 2001, Joseph Mack wrote:

> (As I said previously) The one network VS-NAT (client, VIP, real-servers
> all on 192.168.1.0/24) works with send_redirects=1

        This is funny :)

> The two network, 2 NIC director with VS-NAT (outside addresses -
> client, VIP 192.168.2.0/24; inside addresses - DIIP, real-servers
> 192.168.1.0/24) works with send_redirects=0 (this is trivial)

        Yes, this is the default setup

> I just checked the 2 logical network, 1 physical network (outside addresses
> 192.168.2.0/24, inside addresses 192.168.1.0/24 all on the same wire)
> in VS-NAT works with send-redirects=1 (yes that's 1). (This is how I did it in
> the

        Hm, so it looks like redirects are not sent here, I assume this
is Linux 2.2 because in 2.4 I'm sure redirects will not be sent. LVS
in 2.4 lookups the NAT-ed real server using the output route function
while LVS for 2.2 lookups the real server using the input route function
and a redirect is usually returned when the forwarding device matches
the input device, which is our case. But may be I'm missing something in
theory. I'll check it this weekend too.

> HOWTO - at that time I wasn't paying attention to send_redirects).
> The real-servers have the default route to the director and a network
> route to the inside network.
>

> Joe
>
> --
> Joseph Mack PhD, Senior Systems Engineer, Lockheed Martin
> contractor to the National Environmental Supercomputer Center,
> mailto:mack.joseph@xxxxxxx ph# 919-541-0007, RTP, NC, USA

Regards

--
Julian Anastasov <ja@xxxxxx>