Re: I am so ashamed

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: I am so ashamed
From: Paul Baker <pbaker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 17 Oct 2001 15:51:15 -0500
On Wed, 2001-10-17 at 18:31, Jason Brunk wrote:

> what is the best kernel to use?  what is the best version of linux to use
> for this?  should i use mandrake or debian?

My answer to this question is always DEBIAN!! Of course keep in mind
that Debian is not at all meant for beginners from an ease of use
standpoint (although what is easier to use than apt-get?)

What Debian is great for beginners though is how much it teaches you
about Linux and OSes in general. But be prepared to install and
reinstall and reinstall and reinstall Debian about 15 times in a row
before you "get it" None of the other distributions really have this
learning cycle. You can kinda get away with installing it and not really
knowing what you are doing. But Debian is afterall the most popular
distribution amoung Linux users with more than 3 years of experience for
a reason.

Paul J. Baker                                Internet Systems Developer
pbaker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                                  Where2GetIt.com
phone 847-498-0111x234
fax   847-480-7422