Re: I am so ashamed

To: <lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: I am so ashamed
From: "Peter Martin" <p.martin@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 08:02:23 +0100
Jason,

What are you really looking to do with LVS?  are we talking HTTP?

I have had a standard LVS Nat in production for a couple of years and use it
for port forwarding to mail servers and load balancing to HTTP and HTTPS,
all my backend servers are Windoze (NT4/2000) IIS and LVS is really the only
Linux boxes I have!

I find the product very stable, Linux (RH6.2) hasn't crashed in production
on me yet!

The ability to modify the routes with IPVSADM on the fly is great, and I
just keep a copy of my LVS script file on my PC and cut and paste via
Telnet.

I would also recommend you review Joe's HowTo and grab a copy of his
configure script (wasn't there when I started!) as this seems to simplify
thing dramatically (www.linuxvirtualserver.org).

Anyway, you asked for recommendations, use it it's great!

Peter Martin
IT Operations Manager
Initial Electronic Security
t. (44) 01254 291413