Re: [lvs-users] Re: Request for [LVS] at start of subject for postings

To: Wensong Zhang <wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [lvs-users] Re: Request for [LVS] at start of subject for postings
Cc: tc lewis <tim@xxxxxxxxxx>, lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Lars Marowsky-Bree <lmb@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 09:43:48 +0100
On 2000-01-18T16:37:05,
   Wensong Zhang <wensong@xxxxxxxxxxxx> said:

> Think about that the subject of messages will be,  if there is a
> subject prefix. The subject of my reply message to this message will
> be

Nope, the mailing list software is smarter than that and removes superfluous
prefixes.

> Then, it would be not easy for us to read messages. The other
> important thing is that the subject prefix will break the list archive

Will not, since the archive strips the prefix. If the threading operates on
the subject instead of the In-Reply-To it is broken anyway.

> For people who want the prefix, please use some local filtering
> utilities, procmail is very good to do the filtering and Netscape has
> message filters too.

Thats what I would prefer. Lets just run it this way for 2 weeks or so and see
if problems do show up.

Sincerely,
    Lars Marowsky-Brée

--