Re: lvs, squid and efficiency

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: lvs, squid and efficiency
From: Florin Andrei <florin@xxxxxxx>
Date: 20 Mar 2001 13:28:01 -0800
On 20 Mar 2001 16:20:50 -0500, Joseph Mack wrote:
> Florin Andrei wrote:
> >
> > How stable is -dh? Has been tested with kernel-2.4 a lot?
>
> <exuberant sales pitch>
> It's brand new in 2.4. It's the usual LVS quality and you
> could be one of the first to try it out :-) (step this way...)

lol...

Ok. Now i'm evaluating many different cache clusters: LVS, usual ICP,
digests, and so on.
There are pros and cons for each one.
Seems like LVS in front of a good server farm is the best for me. Only
the scheduler remains to be chosen.
-dh looks very nice. Maybe the load will be distributed a little bit
unevenly with it, but the overall performance have to be better.

--
Florin Andrei