RE: ipvsadm and kernel 2.2.22 and apache load balancing

To: lvs-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: ipvsadm and kernel 2.2.22 and apache load balancing
From: laurie.baker@xxxxxx
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 14:55:50 +0100
Marc wrote:

->P.S.: Is there a way to detect "dead" Webservers?

->I have 3 real-web-servers and if I manually shut down, f.e. web2, every 3
hits
->I get connection refused. Is this possible without
heartbeat/ldirectord/mon or
->similar and possible with plain ipvsadm?

I thought that was the default behaviour when a real server dies it gets
removed from the balance pool, it does with ours (but if a backend appserver
dies and webserver is serving "kack" then that's different, I need to work
on this one to trap the error and drop the real server out of the pool) Up
to now Netsaint alerts us PDQ and its a manual process.

Not sure why you still have dead servers in your pool  ...... ? can anyone
else comment ?

Laurie.